The traditional boundaries separating art, design, science, and technology are being crossed, transformed or dissolved.
Institute of Communication and Culture (ICC) - University of Toronto Mississauga
The ICC is an interdisciplinary research and teaching Institute designed to address questions of culture and communication across various disciplines. ICC is housed in the CCT building, a state-of-the-art facility at the University of Toronto Mississauga. It is currently home to the Blackwood Gallery and four academic units: Communication, Culture and Information Technology (CCIT); Professional Writing and Communication (PWC); the Centre for Visual and Media Culture (CVMC); and Biomedical Communications (BMC).
Knowledge Media Design Institute (KMDI) - Available across all three campuses
The University of Toronto’s Knowledge Media Design Institute has been in the vanguard of tri-campus, interdivisional and transdisciplinary research, teaching and innovation in the area of digital media since the community first came together in 1995.
The work of the Institute spans both the scientific study of the ways in which knowledge media shapes and is shaped by human activity, and the practical work of founding an interdisciplinary nexus for enquiry into the design and use of these media.
- Bachelor of Arts, Specialist Designation in Arts Management - University of Toronto Scarborough
- Bachelor of Arts, Curatorial Studies - University of Toronto Scarborough
- Communication, Culture, and Information Technology Major Program (CCIT) - University of Toronto Mississauga
- Dynamic Graphics Project - University of Toronto St. George
- Joint Program: New Media Studies - University of Toronto Scarborough and Centennial College
- Knowledge Media and Design Institute Research Program - Available across all three campuses
- Visual Culture and Communication Program - University of Toronto Mississauga
- Master of Museum Studies - University of Toronto St. George
- Arts and Culture Specialist Program - University of Toronto Scarborough
- CFRE 91.9 FM - University of Toronto Missisauga
- CIUT 89.5 FM - University of Toronto St. George
- Fusion Radio - University of Toronto Scarborough
- Media Generator at UTM - University of Toronto Mississauga
- New Media Club - University of Toronto Scarborough
- How to get involved in the arts at
U of T
Opportunities in the Arts posts auditions, calls for submissions, workshops/seminars, as well as volunteer and paid positions.